Bullied at Work

I get bullied at work. This is my space for ranting about it. It's also somewhere for myself and others who are being bullied to share ideas on how to deal with bullies at work.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Plus C'est Change

LTNS. Sorry about that. I have been mad busy at work, for more reasons than just doing my job. I got ill about a month before Christmas and whilst I've been off my GP has decided I am suffering from stress... No sh*T Sherlock !!!

This time, though, he told me outright that I need to get a different job. His colleague told me I could be ill with stress indefinitely because the stressor (cause of the stress - the abusive, fouled-up relationship with 'puh') isn't going away. This all caused me a lot of heartache. I love what I do for my work, but my working life is disturbed by the interventions 'puh' makes. I had a long think, and eventually (being sane) concluded that I need to prioritise my health. I also have to prioritise my mortgage too though, so I am not going to quit my job.

I eventually got summoned by Occupational Health, and I have to say that the person I saw was far more understanding and insightful than management at work have been thus far. She gave me a plan for battling back from my current depression as well as declaring that the situation between myself and 'puh' has to be addressed appropriately before I can be expected to make a return to work.

Of course, the literature on bullying leaves me in no doubt that the same farce could repeat itself as occured previously when I tried to go down the Harassment route... But for now I am trying to have some faith. More importantly, I am taking the time I have off sick to do things that are constructive and are helpful to improving my health and well being.

So, not completely my choice this time, but I don't intend to be buying myself any wooden overcoats for puh's benefit. It takes me a lot to stand up for myself but work isn't worth dying for, and that basically is the choice as my doctors have presented it, because the stress has been leading me into other behaviours that are long-term damaging if they are allowed to continue unchecked.

I'll try to keep you posted, but my computer is wonky at present, so for now I am communicating courtesy of my local library. If you're a reader facing bullying at work you have my empathic understanding and my prayers. If you are one of my supporters and friends I really appreciate that you are taking time to catch up on my situation and I thank you for what you do for me and with me to make the situation I find myself in more bearable.

Katisha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home