Bullied at Work

I get bullied at work. This is my space for ranting about it. It's also somewhere for myself and others who are being bullied to share ideas on how to deal with bullies at work.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Depressing Reading

I have been 'snap reading' the books I mentioned a while ago. I haven't read either from cover to cover yet, but I am finding it a very discouraging exercise. The general theme seems to be "You can't win. Bullying can't be stopped. Eventually you will lose your job or quit and possibly damage your career for all time if you try to do something about it".

I feel really angry about that message. I feel there must be another way. Even now I can feel myself typing through gritted teeth.

It's not wholly bad news, both books do give some useful tips for managing the stress and how to keep from falling further into the game, but overall I am saddened and enraged by what I am reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home